If you are looking for an easy way to make your home a little cosier on a tight budget, candle decorations might be for you.
Although the candle itself does not represent a novelty, its appeal remains unchanged over time.
While once their function was primarily to illuminate a room, today candles have the dual role of creating atmosphere and complementing a room’s decor.
We find them on the market in a variety of shapes, sizes and colors. There are also many types of scented candles and decorated candles on the market. Those seeking a more modern effect may opt for LED candles, which are electronic candles that often come with a small remote control to control colors and brightness.
In short, we are really spoiled for choice, and it is not always easy to decide how to match them to our environments with harmony and elegance.
Below we see some ideas for decorating home with candles and making every corner of our daily life exclusive and sophisticated.
Decoration with candles
When we go to choose candles, we need to take several factors into account. Let’s quickly see how to match these valuable accessories according to the context in which they are to be placed or the event they are to “light up.”
1. THE CANDELABER.
If we want to embellish a corner of the house or a table, with a touch of elegance, we will go for a tall, slender candelabra with long, slender candles that enhance its grace.
2. LOW CANDLE HOLDERS
Ideal for a less formal setting and composed with thicker candles, perhaps playing with heights and colors to create original compositions. They can adorn corners of the home, dinner tables or side tables.
3. FLOATING CANDLES
With a very striking effect, they can decorate tables or rooms. Floating candles, placed in glass cruets (open or closed), give a sense of relaxation and inner peace. Let’s see in what contexts we can place them.
– A spa-style bath (salus per aquam).To give our bathroom a relaxing, spa-style atmosphere, there is nothing more atmospheric than floating candles. Place several glass cruets or bowls in your home bathroom, perhaps joining a few petals or small flowers to further decorate the water surface. For complete relaxation, use lavender-scented candles.
– Floating candles at the table. To impress our guests, we can use them to decorate an Oriental or Ayurveda-inspired table setting.
4. THE LANTERNS.
Candles placed inside lanterns can be very striking and enrich both the accessory that holds them and the room they will illuminate. If we have a very rustic setting, we can use enameled lanterns in a light, muted color to liven up the ensemble. While, in a more modern context we can use them to give a romantic and nostalgic touch, perhaps placing more candles inside the lantern to enrich it with light and warmth.
5. THICK CANDLES
If you are planning an event that is expected to last a long time, try to lean toward candles that are large enough to provide a continuous flame for as long as needed. Just think how annoying it can be to also have to deal with restoring unlit candles during an event.
6. DECORATIONS WITH COLORED CANDLES
To further embellish and characterize a room, you can choose from the many colorful candles found on the market. The color chosen must be in harmony with the surrounding furnishings and accessories already present.
– Decorations with colored candles at Christmas. Candles more than any other accessory create the Christmas atmosphere. We can use red candles as well as gold or silver candles. Basically, it is important to match them with the other decorations.
– Decorations with candles on Valentine’s Day. The same is true for a table set for the Lovers’ Day. If we have used red in abundance (flowers, tablecloths and whatnot), for candles it is better to aim for other colors. The important thing is to create a harmonious and romantic final effect, as befits the evening.
7. SCENTED CANDLES
With the aromas released by scented candles, one can captivate the sense of smell of one’s guests and overall complete the harmony of a home environment or a particular moment.
Let’s see depending on the context, and the feelings we want to convey, what essences we can use.
- Citrus The scent of citrus gives a touch of freshness, vibrancy and energy to the environment. According to aromatherapy, citrus scents (lemon, orange, bergamot, etc.) are an energizer and tonic for our nervous system.
- Lavender. This fragrance is known to have calming power and stress-relieving effects. Therefore, the natural placement for lavender candles can be the area reserved for rest and relaxation.
- Spices. Spices are known to be spicy, and for a romantic evening the best candles are precisely those scented with spicy essences, such as cinnamon and vanilla, but also licorice.
There are many possible decorations with candles, including shapes, colors and scents, so many to play with and indulge in the most imaginative compositions.
What must guide us in our choice is the context in which we would like to place them. In fact, candles are ideal for embellishing a corner or room and making it cozy and original.